Google+ Followers

Saturday, 11 February 2017

Sometimes Sad Is All We Have

I wrote you a sad song for when you can't sleep at night
For when you're tired but you can't get no rest
When your mind it won't stop racing and your body won't stay still
And your heart is screaming out from in your chest

And you lie awake
You lie awake

Sometimes sad is all we have
Sometimes the dark is all we got
Sometimes sleep don't come until the morning
Sometimes the night stays past the dawn

I used to know an alley cat would play out with the dogs
Have you ever seen a cat trying to bark?
She'd strut along the fence-tops all day long like a tom
She had the teeth but she didn't have the heart

She'd skulk away
Hide away

Sometimes sad is all we have
Sometimes the dark is all we got
Sometimes sleep don't come until the morning
Sometimes the night stays past the dawn

Me I've worked a million jobs and they're all much the same
My heart gets heavy and my feet get sore
I used to think the world would come and get me when it was ready
But I don't think that way no more

I just lie awake
Lie awake

No comments:

Post a Comment