Google+ Followers

Sunday, 20 November 2011

The Cruellest of Lies are Told in Silence

The cruellest of lies are told in silence
And those that say they're lying for each other are just lying for themselves
The strongest of ties can always be broken
- They say the Devil was an angel before temptation led him to Hell

I tore away your lies like he tore at your clothes
But the only ones who know what really happened there are you and him
And that's the way it's always gonna be now
'Cos if I ever have to ask that motherfucker one of us'll get killed

You don't know love but you're good when you fake it
You don't know love but I love when you make it
I gave you my heart knowing you'd break it
Still, I won't give this broken heart to anybody else

You should have killed it off when it started up
'Cos when you bury what you ain't killed, what you ain't killed'll rise up
You didn't bury yours down deep enough
Still I dug...

You seem OK with how you justified it
You got to have your cake and eat it too and no one's head got rolled
Still everybody thinks that you're the sweet one
So I thought I'd write a song about the things you did - let everybody know

You don't know love but you're good when you fake it
You don't know love but I love when you make it
I gave you my heart knowing you'd break it

1 comment: