Google+ Followers

Wednesday, 16 February 2011

A Petal in a Hurricane

You cry like a dancer, your tears twirling on tiptoes
As sweet as the tramp in the park watching the ducklings grow
Watching you fall in love as sweetly as you do
I almost don't want to catch you

When something is perfect you pray it'll always be the same
But no one can ever really tell when the wind is gonna change
It takes away your love and leaves you lost like a teardrop in the rain

Teardrops fall from your face just to be near us
Dancing like thoughts in the rain with eyes like dreamers
It's not my fault this time that their music won't play
I'm just a teardrop in the rain

Kissing out in the field and you said "No daisy's the same"
Picking them out of the ground and making me a chain
I wear it in my hair for the rest of the sunshining day

But I'm so lonely now,
I laugh at myself holding daisies, crying, graveside, in the rain
As the sweetness of the wind brings a petal to your grave.

3 comments:

  1. "I'm just a teardrop in the rain..." I think that about sums it up for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again guys. i really appreciate you keep reading xx

    ReplyDelete