Google+ Followers

Thursday, 9 December 2010

Picking Flowers in the Dark

This Sunshine is all the whores
and heroin that I could ever need.
The Sun ain't afraid to be alone,
just afraid to love. Still, she'll do that for me.

I don't suppose
I could have the Sun
all to myself,
but that's all I want.

The Sun finally went down and
I've never been so sad to see it go.
The greatest night-owl's been shot down;
not dead, just gone.

See, if you leave
a night-owl in the Sun,
he's the vulnerable one
but that's all he wants.

These afterthoughts of you
are the flowers that you gave light to,
still growing in my heart,
that I pick in the dark.

10 comments:

  1. Wow man that last paragraph is really something I can relate to. Good job.

    Truth,

    Jorge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the sun. And I loved the way you wrote this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Astoundingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, I want the sun to myself too, every morning I relish the sun streaming through my window, your words captured that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good poem. I wish I could express myself in words the way you do

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you have CD's for sale?

    the sun is as cruel and sad as the life it gives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm 9th. I doff my cap to you sir, that was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thought-provoking. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete