Google+ Followers

Wednesday, 10 November 2010

i'm alright when i'm drunk

there's only so many days i can come home to you
after a long day at work
i'm only working to pay for the things
we both feel you deserve
trouble is, baby, i don't deserve as much
and i know you think i don't deserve them, too
so don't be there when i get home tonight
goodbye, it's been not-too-bad loving you

call me a cruel, unloving bastard for my time
i'll take it all in my unsteady stride
you girls have got a funny way of turning things around
but you don't know how much it tears me up inside
you know you ain't the first
and i know that you ain't the last
hard work and hard women are just so easy to get
the only hard thing's trying to stay attached

so now i'm going in late and i'm going in drunk
anything i can do to get laid off
i ain't needing money if i ain't needing you
i'm alright when i'm poor
i'm alright when i'm drunk

4 comments:

  1. Hi, just had a quick look at your myspace.... and had a listen. I have only just joined this world of blog and to be honest I am loving it more and more every day. I love your words they inspire me! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so good! It reminds me of Charles Bukowski, one of my favourite writers. "hard work and hard women are just so easy to get" - it's ironic but very true.
    Good work.

    Truth,

    Jorge

    http://theedgeoftheword.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete